Fun DIY Pool Noodle Horse by Glamour Avenue Parties

Apr 25, 2013



Hey Guys!

I wanted to share a fun DIY I tried out at the suggestion of my client Melinda R.! 

Melinda contacted with me with the idea of making a Pool Noodle horse, when I saw the photo, I immediately thought how fun this would be for a cowboy themed party as a favor, or a fun toy for around the house. So set out to make one for my son Aidan, and my niece Peyton, in little to no time at all!

I searched the net and found two DIY's that I followed from Sophie's World or The Inspired Mom Blog with a few tweaks.


Supplies needed are $1 Store Noodle, Glue Gun, Googly Eyes (I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree, Felt or Ribbon (Optional) Pole or Pipe (Option) Once you view the tutorials you will see why the last few options are optional.) 

I didn't have some of the materials suggested, like felt, so I used ribbon scraps for the mane, and PVC pipe and cap for the "body" of the horse. 

For the easy DIY tutorials check out Sophie's World or The Inspired Mom Blog and decide which option works best for you! They are incredibly easy to make and my niece and son got a real kick out of them, matter of fact, my niece slept with hers last night! Too cute!

For more ideas on things to make using pool noodles, check out this post by Babble for a run down of 20 fun DIY projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment