Whimsical Tea Party I Glamour Avenue Parties New Party Theme for 2012

Jan 13, 2012



Glamour Avenue Parties has recently launched its Whimsical Tea Party theme with fun elements of Alice and Wonderland. It had been on my mind for some time to do a tea party theme, but I wanted a fun and modern take on it. Although I wanted my ideas fun and modern I still wanted to include a classic touch to this already traditional theme.

I started with a soft color palette of pale pink, turquoise, yellow and white. I knew I wanted alot of color but I felt the execution would fair better with muted colors.

I created handmade party hats from a tutorial I found on the web (can't remember the source) using cardstock, felt and feathers. The initial look was not as I'd hoped so I tweaked the tutorial a bit.


I used small treats for the table and the centerpiece was a vintage tea pot that I found at my local good will for $2 and the color just happen to match perfectly! The tea kettle sat atop old books covered with patterned cardstock and a small bouquet of flowers to re-enforce the pop of color.


I can't wait to begin party hosting for this fun and dainty theme. For more information on booking, visit us on the web.


No comments:

Post a Comment